When it comes to good sex, the road goes two ways. Both men and women have things to learn about what the other likes and wants in bed. Every partner you have will have different sexual preferences, but there are things that men and women can do to make their sexual lives better and more fulfilling for both partners.
From relationships that are just starting out to relationships that have lasted for decades, certain things remain true. We all want to feel loved, appreciated, and desired in bed. Here are a few ways to make sure your sex life stays interesting, fun, and desirable for you and your partner.
- Remember that there isn’t a right or wrong way to be physically intimate with someone. What we see in the movies or in porn isn’t how normal people make love- there are funny faces, laughter, awkward noises, and intimate moments that bring you closer to your partner. Remember that sexual encounters aren’t going to be perfect, but they can be the moments that you remember fondly.
- Remember to laugh. Sex is funny! It can be messy, awkward, vulnerable, and arousing all at the same time. Laugh with your partner when these things happen.
- Get creative. You don’t have to install your own sex swing or whip out the handcuffs, but you can invest in toys, experiences, or other creative ways to spice up your life in the bedroom. Even making an effort to wear a sexy outfit, watch a romantic film together, or add a little ambiance to your room with candles or scents can bring you and your partner closer together.
- Remember that your sex life isn’t limited to your bedroom. It might be difficult to find time between family obligations, work, and your own social and personal life to spend romantic time with your partner. However, you can spend the time you have enjoying each other’s company by making efforts to make you and your partner feel special. Take a romantic bubble bath or a shower together or watch a movie and cuddle on the couch like you used to. When the passion strikes, run with it!
- Relax and enjoy the moments that have built your relationship into what it is. You might have gained weight, not advanced very far in your career, or have other insecurities that have come up since you started dating your partner. Remember that they are still there with you; your partner is still with you, standing beside you and loving you.
- Keep communicating. When you stop really talking to your partner, you stop getting to know them and letting them get to know you. You and your partner should be able to discuss what you both like in bed, what turns you on, what you like and need, and what your fantasies are. Discussing these things is important for your relationship and could get you in the mood as well.
Relax, talk to each other, and remember to have fun with your sex life! Whether you’ve been together for a few months or years, you can still be physically engaged with one another in ways that benefit you both.